02 August 2010

Pirates & Fairies at Lunenburg

“Hi, guys,

I've just arrived home from a weekend in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia where I was totally distracted from drinking my bottle because I really wanted to hang out with all my cousins. My big cousin Lucy looked after me heaps and Sydney played me tunes from the singing frog that's tied to my bouncy chair, and man, Sam has such a funny smile! I kept touching his hair and laughed so hard I almost wet my britches ;)


I had a couple of firsts this weekend; like, I saw my first big yellow flower and wondered how it tasted. I saw my first deer and was mesmerized by their flicking tails while they were eating grass beside our cottage and I saw my first spider and made raspberry noises at it because I discovered that it made him flinch and move around his silky house. Dad told me he was living in Charlotte's web, so maybe I'll charge him rent next year when I'm big enough to go out on Gumpy's boat.

I especially liked watching the fire the grown-ups made so the big kids could roast their marshmallows, (once they'd finished their dinner of course). That fire stuff was warm on my face and made me blink my eyes and was kind of like how the Sun would look if only I didn't have to squint - oh, and the sparks came off the logs and made me think of little fairies!

Speaking of fairies, Lucy's teeth are wiggly and her Mum had brought the special pillow in case one fell out and the Tooth Fairy had to come and pay her a little visit - but it didn't, yet! Almost ;) 

My mouth is a little bit tender at the moment and I dribble lots because I'm busy growing teeth. Now I know that they're all going to fall out anyway, I wonder what's the bloomin' point? But at least next year I'll get to chew some of Aunty Kelly's Oatmeal Cakes or Aunty Carolyn's Chocolate Brownie - so having teeth won't all bad I suppose.

Oh yeah, and guess what - we saw real Pirates trading their loot at Mahone Bay, right under the noses of the English! One of them even had black denim jeans and a Def Leopard T-shirt on... Man, it was cool to see their cutlass' and their eye patches and the Jolly Rogers everywhere, but we didn't see one Parrot or buried treasure or anything. Oh well, maybe next time. I did get to see a pony with a carriage on the back who was being tail-gated by some New Brunswicker in a red Corvette, so that was kind of funny.

Speaking of firsts, Mum has been feeding me cereals for the first time this week as well. (Dad tried too, but most of it went in my ears and up my nose so we made a little mess).

Bunnies in my tummy...

My poor wee tummy isn't used to anything other than the Formula I've been having since I was about four weeks old, so I feel like I have a family of bunnies living in my belly at the moment, which makes it hard to have a sense of humour about it all. 

Mum gave me some prune juice this weekend though, which makes my tummy rumble, but at least bunnies don't like prunes either and now they're moving out. I let my nappy have it when we stopped off at the kennel to pick up the Rosie-dog. Haha, Dad almost cried when he used half a stack of Wet-Ones to clean my bum, then I piddled on his car seat right when he thought that he was done!

Anyway, it was a great weekend with all my Aunties and Uncle's and cousins and I loved everything that was going on - but now that I'm home I can focus on my bottle and feel like I can sleep for more than 10 minutes because there's nothing exciting going on. 

Speaking of sleep, man, I'm really tired. I think I'll take a little rest. Li-li is waiting for me with Bunrab in my crib so I hope they let me share the blanket.  I am dying for a decent sleep. Night guys, thanks so much for an awesome weekend. Talk to you all again soon, 


xxooxx Tiggy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment