08 January 2012

My Visit to Granddad Kim's Place

This part of my trip I'm really looking forward to telling you all about. Man alive, have you ever seen so many sheep... and horses... and look over there, there's some deer and big fat old pig. Wow! There are so many things to look at here... No puppy! Stop licking my face...
When Dad and Ni-ni picked up Mum and me from the airport in Dunedin, we stopped off at Granddad Kim's place for a visit on Saddle Hill. It was the first time I'd met Granddad Kim, but he was really pleased to see me and started showing me around right away.

Of course, I was pretty tired after flying all the way from Halifax to Dunedin; so we all came back a couple of days later once I'd had a big sleep (and some chocolates and cherries at Nga-Niccy's house). This is what I saw...
My Granddad Kim's Place on Saddle Hill
1. First of all, Granddad Kim let me ride his tractor. It was a big red tractor that Granddad had been using to mow all of the lawns that he has around his giant palace on the hill. There were knobs and buttons for me to play with everywhere, but I couldn't sit still for very long because the seat was getting kinda hot from sitting in the sun.
2. Then, after going down past the Wool Shed to visit the pet lamb (another 'lamb-chops'), and the big fat pig; we went for a drive around the giant farm. After practising on the tractor, driving the Land Cruiser was a piece of cake. Check me out!!!
3. Before long, it got pretty dark and I was getting a little tired. At one point, I even needed my soother even in the day time. Mum said that it was because I was jet-lagged, but I think it was because I was just feeling really sleepy. 

We got to come back to see Granddad though, and he took us all out for a nice meal at Nellies. After dinner, guess what - we got to visit my Granddad's horses. They were so beautiful, and gentle too. I think my Granddad really loves those ponies because they all came over to him so that he could introduce me to them all. 
I think I might ask Dad to get me a pony when I grow up!

No comments:

Post a Comment