26 July 2011

Monsieur Bear's Day Off...

Bonjour Paddington Poppet’s,

Monsieur Bear here - writing to the little children at le-Playstation to thank-you all allowing me my ‘Secret Vacation’ yesterday.

As you know, I spent last weekend at Ms Charlotte’s house, and boy did we play hard. I was so tired out from all of the fun and excitement, that I decided I must have yesterday off work.

Now, it is not easy for a distinguished old bear like me to just cut class and take a ‘personal day’, (to be 'onest, days off are not specified on my 'Nova Scotia Wildlife Resources Card', nor are they in 'le-Paddington Terms of Reference') - so I had to get creative. 


I did not wish to make my absence look so suspicious. This is how the old bear pulled it off… 


First, while Ms Charlotte was eating Cheerio's, and I thought that no-body was looking, I crept to a secret hiding place and pretended to have 'disappeared'


Then, I tip-toed over to the Fruit bowl and tried to blend in with the organic produce. It's not easy for an old bear to pretend he has just visited Pete's Frootique


This was so difficult for me. I had to hold my breath for such a long time to sit perfectly still and blend in with the 'nanas!


Once the coast was clear - and I knew for sure I would never be found - I was able to and enjoy my secret vacation.  


I climbed onto the couch, and watched consecutive back to back episodes of 'Olivia', 'The Cat in the Hat' and the ‘Backyardigans’ on Treehouse TV...


I am really sorry that I was not with you all at Paddington on Monday; but after all that playing with Ms Charlotte, you must understand, I was a really tired old bear.

Any-who, I am refreshed and rested now and am glad to be back at work with all the children. Hmmm, I wonder which one of you will be taking me home this Friday?

Bonsoir les enfants,

Monsieur Bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment